Friday, January 2, 2009

Entry 1: Prior Departure

Hello to all,

This site will be my connection everyone back home including the Rotary Club, my family, and friends. The information will be updated consistently and hopefully have pictures to see as well.

A little about this trip; I received the Rotary International Scholarship for a Cultural Ambassador to a country of my choosing for three months to learn Spanish and become familiar with the culture. My first choice was Mexico, and in November of 2007, after a long process I received a letter telling me I was awarded the scholarship for a school in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Since that time I have been preparing myself to go; from getting accepted into Cuauhnahuac Language Institute to getting the right insurance. Granted all of my work was done with the help of the Rotary Club.

Now, it is time for me to leave. I have received my plane ticket and am due to arrive in Cuernavaca on Thursday shortly after noon. I will be living with a host family and going to school full time in a language intensive program. At the school, I will be given the chance to learn many things on the side like cooking and Latin dancing. I will also have the opportunity to travel in the surrounding areas to see historic and culturally rich Mexico.

To all, thank you for your time and I hope you will enjoy this.
Joseph Aguirre

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So proud of you!!!!! Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Hermano! I am happy for you man, you deserve it. Enjoy your time and post plenty of pictures.